We look forward to having you join us for the
15th annual River Rescue clean-up.
UPDATE!!!! The cleanup float is cancelled due to the high water and flashy river conditions. The breakfast, however, is still on!! It is IN the mill. As of 10 o'clock we are serving. We hope to serve until 11 oclock come down and join us. See you there!
The schedule will be as followed:
Breakfast on the Banks: food service begins at 10am and ends at 11:30.
Check-in for River Rescue: 11:30 to 12:15
Shuttling will be provided from 9:15am to 12:30pm
On the water (Ozark Mill) by 12:30—Put in location
Off the water by approximately 4:30pm—Ozark Wastewater Treatment Plant (OWWT)—the take out location
If you reserved a canoe from us you simply need to drive your vehicle to the Ozark Wastewater Treatment Plant to catch the Shuttle to the Ozark Mill—Put In location.
If you have your OWN boat you will need to drop your boat off at the Ozark Mill and then drive your vehicle to the Ozark Wastewater Treatment Plant to catch the Shuttle back. Don’t worry about your things at the Ozark Mill cause we will have security there to watch over everything.
Things to bring/do:
1. Your own water bottle/drinks (no alcohol beverages please)
2. Bring cash for tee shirts ($12 each) and/or raffle ($5 per ticket)items: 1 large Ozark Adventures North Face Dry Bag and/or a 2 person North Face tent and/or a Single Day River Adventure trip from Longboat Outfitters. This will be a 52 card raffle so your odds are pretty good at winner one of these awesome items.
3. Closed toed shoes or water shoes recommended. Flip flops shoes not recommended!
4. An extra set of dry clothing and shoes
5. Special size PFD-Personal Floatation Devices
6. Might want to consider sunscreen and bugspray
7. Dress appropriate for the weather
Things we will be providing:
1. Gloves and trash bags
2. Shuttling from OWWTP to the Put-In location (Ozark Mill).
3. If you reserved one of our canoes you will have 2 adult PFD’s and 2 paddles per canoe.
4. Water and Powerade available in Igloos for you to refill your reusable container.
Bring cash for the 52 card raffle items: 1 Large Ozark Adventures North Face Dry Bag and/or a 2 persons North Face tent. We also have a Single Day River Adventure trip from Longboat Outfitters. We will also have t-shirts for purchase.
Driving directions: From Springfield to Ozark Mill (see map below): Hwy 65 South to 2nd Ozark Exit Jackson Street/MO 14. Turn west (left) on Jackson Street to North (left) on Hwy NN and then an immediate Right (West) on 4th Street. The Ozark Mill will be on your Right or West side of the road.
Driving directions: From Springfield to Ozark Wastewater Treatment Plant: Hwy 65 South to 3rd Ozark Exit West Hwy F/Business 14. Go West (right) on Hwy F then North (right) on McLean Road. Wastewater Plant will be on the East side of road
If there is a cancellation due to bad weather we will post it here.
If you have any questions contact call 417 836-4847.
And don't forget to order your shirt! You will be able to pick it up at the clean-up. If you ordered one previously we will have it at the clean-up for you.
Collectors tee shirt available for purchase!
for more details visit OMP website