Rainwater harvesting systems capture and store rainwater from your rooftop. Capturing this water:
- reduces pollutant runoff – Your rain barrel is collecting water that would otherwise flow quickly over impervious surfaces gathering pollutants that get carried into our rivers (including petroleum, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, plastics, and more).
- provides the ability to “spread-and-soak” - You can spread rainwater at a controlled pace, in a desired location, for a particular purpose.
- minimizes erosion – Your rain barrel is helping to slow down water that would otherwise flow quickly to our rivers contributing to erosion.
- conserves drinking water – Using rainwater for non-potable uses (watering your lawn, landscaping, and even washing your car or dog) reduces the demand on our resources.
This one-time rebate is issued as a direct reimbursement to homeowners at a rate of $0.50 per gallon, based upon your new system's capacity.
For example, a 100-gallon system would yield a $50 rebate after installation. To qualify, rainwater harvesting systems must hold a minimum of 50 gallons. The rebate maximum per property is $300.
Residents of Greene County and Christian County (counties in southwest Missouri) are eligible to receive this rain barrel rebate.
Click maps to view larger.
View before-and-after images from proud "Right as Rain" Rain Barrel Rebate participants.
Click images to view larger.
To receive a full application, please fill out the form below.
Note: After submitting this form, we will email the full application to you.
You will then need to:
1) fill out and return the full application (digital or print & mail)
2) provide before-and-after installation photos
3) provide copies of receipts
...and then your rebate check will be delivered to you in a timely manner.
The "Right as Rain" Rain Barrel Rebate Program is funded thanks to: